First – congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!
Of course we get requests for weddings. Weddings are amazing. Weddings are joyous. Weddings are meant for wedding venues.
I have a list of potential wedding venues that are within a stone’s throw of Karin’s Place. The best idea is to have the wedding party stay at the house, have the rehearsal dinner here, get ready for the wedding here, and use a venue to give you the very best wedding that you could ask for.
However, if you really think Karin’s Place is where you want to have your celebration, read on. If the wedding is just the people staying at the house, go for it! If the wedding involves over and above the people staying at the house, the answer is longer and involves a more in depth discussion.
A few of the caveats:
– A wedding requires a three night minimum stay;
– 80 is normally the absolute maximum number of guests with 30 being the max staying at the house;
– In addition to the house rental, there is a $5,000 fee for the wedding. This fee includes set up, break down and on site support from me (not exactly a wedding coordinator but think more stage manager/house manager) on the day of the event. It also includes the cleaning fee, normally charged in addition to the rental.
– No large tents on the land;
– No loud bands outdoors. Light ceremony music if marrying outdoors is fine. Live music in the Grand Ballroom is no problem;
– The festivities need to move indoors by 9:00pm for the sake of the neighbors;
– We require you to hire a caterer and licensed bartender if anyone is coming to the wedding and not staying at the house;
– Management will remain on site for the duration of the wedding and reception;
Karin’ Place – what a truly special discovery. One of those random things that seems to have been meant to be. My husband and I had been looking for a venue to host the renewal of our wedding vows where our guests could stay with us. A friend of mine suggested Karin’s Place and it was perfect. We received spectacular customer service from Jenny and John in advance of our arrival. We live in Ireland and consequently had significant needs as we were able to do very little from so far away.
The event itself was a stunning success. 25 guests stayed at Karin’s Place with us and 30 stayed in nearby hotels. We used the caterer suggested by Jenny and WOW!! Good call. The food was immaculately presented and was absolutely delicious with just enough left overs to fulfil the late night munchies.
We had the ceremony on the deck overlooking the expanse of lawn fringed by woodland. We had the meal in the patio surrounded by landscaped gardens, the pirate ship playground, and various nooks for intimate chats. And in the background we could hear the delighted yelps and laughter of kids in the pool. Absolute bliss. When a dramatic summer thunder storm arrived just after the meal, everyone filed into the Grand Room and the party established itself in there with dancing and music.
I cannot recommend Karin’s Place highly enough. It’s a deeply romantic and inspiring location. Enhanced greatly by the creativity and innovation shown by Jenny and John.
Jackie Spillane and Rick Mettler