I have a list of potential wedding venues that are within a stone’s throw of Karin’s Place. A great option is to have the wedding party stay at the house, have the rehearsal dinner here, get ready for the wedding here, and use a venue to give you the very best wedding that you could ask for.
The first thing to consider is that, while spacious, Karin’s Place is ultimately a home. HOWEVER, the short answer is yes, it is a possibility. The pricing and base guidelines are listed below.
***If you are simply having a little ceremony and party with no additional people, entertainment, etc., the additional charges are negotiable***
No Large Outdoor TENTED weddings
I might make exception on occasion.
INDOOR RECEPTION or OUTDOOR without tent (all pricing subject to 9% sales tax)
TWO nights in the house for up to 30: $5020
Day 1 4PM check-in
Day 3 11AM check-out
Cleaning Fee: $350
THREE NIGHTS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (3rd night pricing dependent on the number of people actually staying: $1250/night first ten people; $63/person/night after that.)
WEDDING additional costs:
Up to 50 people: $2000
Over 50 people: $40/person extra
Maximum 80 people: $3200
- WEDDING LOCATION
- Surround sound system in the ballroom;
- Movie screen;
- 10 6-foot tables
- 6 round tables (seat 4 each)
- 75 padded folding chairs
- Formal dining table (seats 12)
- Mix and Match of Finlandia and Royal Doulton china ;
- Wine glasses;
- Billiards table converted to buffet table (if desired);
- Wedding/Event coordinator
- Wedding day location facilitator (setup and breakdown assistance)
- Cleaning fees
- Option to host rehearsal dinner;
- Parking facilitator
- Catering highly recommended from our list of approved caterers. If you choose to provide your own food or have a pot luck, at least two people should be hired to facilitate at $20/hour. (We provide the people.) OR have at least two of your guests dedicated to looking after the food.
- No loud bands or DJ outdoors.
(Light outdoor ceremony or cocktail music is acceptable)
- Liquor license and licensed bartender REQUIRED if having a cash bar. Our recommended caterers provide this. If you are providing the alcohol, you must sign additional liability waiver and the drinking age laws MUST be followed.
For a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out, one additional day needs to be reserved at $1200 minimum. An additional night is calculated based on the number of people with a minimum of $1200 for up to 10 people.
Karin’ Place – what a truly special discovery. One of those random things that seems to have been meant to be. My husband and I had been looking for a venue to host the renewal of our wedding vows where our guests could stay with us. A friend of mine suggested Karin’s Place and it was perfect. We received spectacular customer service from Jenny and John in advance of our arrival. We live in Ireland and consequently had significant needs as we were able to do very little from so far away.
The event itself was a stunning success. 25 guests stayed at Karin’s Place with us and 30 stayed in nearby hotels. We used the caterer suggested by Jenny and WOW!! Good call. The food was immaculately presented and was absolutely delicious with just enough left overs to fulfil the late night munchies.
We had the ceremony on the deck overlooking the expanse of lawn fringed by woodland. We had the meal in the patio surrounded by landscaped gardens, the pirate ship playground, and various nooks for intimate chats. And in the background we could hear the delighted yelps and laughter of kids in the pool. Absolute bliss. When a dramatic summer thunder storm arrived just after the meal, everyone filed into the Grand Room and the party established itself in there with dancing and music.
I cannot recommend Karin’s Place highly enough. It’s a deeply romantic and inspiring location. Enhanced greatly by the creativity and innovation shown by Jenny and John.
Jackie Spillane and Rick Mettler